Last Day to register for UMAT 1st June
Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admissions Test is for Year 12 students wanting to practice medicine or dentistry. UMAT is held once a year during the peak of Year 12 studies (25th July in 2018). Below are some important reminders worth forwarding to Year 12 students.
- UMAT is a compulsory test that is used specifically to assist with the selection of students into medicine and dentistry undergraduate courses commencing in 2019.
- UMAT is held once a year usually on the last Wednesday of July. Students can repeat the UMAT if they were unsuccessful the year before.
- UMAT 2017 will be held on the 25th of July 2018. Registration deadline is 1st of June 2018, 5pm AEST.
- Late registrations will be accepted up to 5.00pm AEST Friday 17th June 2018. Candidates will have to make a late registration payment of $65 in addition to the registration fee. The online registration system will close at 5.00pm
- UMAT is available to any candidate whose educational level at the time of sitting the test is their final year of secondary schooling, or higher
- Students can register for the UMAT only via the ACER website.
- UMAT 2018 covers the areas of Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving, Understanding People, and Non-verbal Reasoning. Students are given 3 hours to complete 134 multiple choice questions. Students will be provided with 10 minutes reading time.
In 2018, students will need a UMAT score to apply for 2018 undergraduate admission to any of the following courses in Victoria:
La Trobe University Health Sciences in Dentistry/Master of Dentistry† Oral Health Science†
Monash University Medicine
** Please see the website for any interstate courses that may require the UMAT
All information on the UMAT can be found at the following....
YEAR 10 WORK EXPERIENCE
OH&S Testing will begin after exams in preparation for work experience. ANy student who still does not yet have a place should see Mrs Bussell ASAP.
My Melbourne Future
Year 9-12 Students interested in attending Mebourne Uni and wish to attend an information evening should register with the link below.
Full Calendar of Events →